Thursday, February 28, 2008

OI Got Punk'd!!!



It's true, I did.…but not by this generation's finest actor, Ashton Kutcher…*coughs*…I got punk’d while I was wandering around looking for photo ops and stumbled upon a little store called Theoioi’s - I'm about to get informative so brace yourself (“the oi oi’s”??…Oi! being a working class street-level subgenre of punk rock that originated in the United Kingdom in the late 1970s.) Theoioi’s is full of leather and denim jackets, customized with spikes, studs, and paint, tartan pants and patched and bleach splattered jeans….in other words, every mother's dream for her little boy. Oh, and did I mention cheap like dirt??



After spending the night with Bo in her peacock dress, I was suffering from extreme peacock envy and I saw the clothes here as a way to get my rainbow on and thumb my nose at authority while I was at it (whomever that might be). Starting at the top, I bedecked my crown with the purtiest Mohawk from Black Maria, the Tia in red.…no rooster ever looked so hawt!! Trying the Oxymoron jacket on, I found it a little sparse, thank goodness for my accessory folder - I grabbed some prims off my Brutal Gear Jacket, and let Monogrind do the rest of the work, with their super detailed belts and bracers.



Being a complete bish for tartan and plaid, the Double Tartan pants were an easy pick…the seams were decent enough, and they have more zippers than MJ’s retro red vinyl jacket - that’s a good thing in this case!! Things can get rough in the mosh pit, so I went back to Monogrind for my buckled kneepads, and threw on a leg strap from Sinistyle for good measure. Breaking with Oi tradition, I shelved the doc martens and dug out my Rustic Demise Boots from Spider Productions. These were the second pair of boots I ever bought and at the time, I thought they were really well made - proof in the pudding, 700 pairs of boots later and the textures and details on these boots still made me growl like rawk star when I put them on.



Anyways, I’m off to prowl the Wastelands some more….damned if I didn’t lose a contact somewhere in the burning tire heap!!




Black Maria – Tia Hair (red)
Flipside – F1 Guys Piercings
Monogrind – Buckled Kneepads, Punky Studded Belts, Trashed Bracers
MR Design – Eyes Set 3 - # 42
Sinistyle – Osiris Leg Strap
Skanks-R-Us – Earlines Piercings
Spider Productions – Rustic Demise (Krook Strapp) Boots
Tonic – Black Flexi Neck Bandana
Theoioi’s Punk Shop – Oxymoron 2 Leather Jacket, Double Tartan Pants
Brutal Gear – Highwayman Black Punk Jacket (shoulder spikes/belt)
Location – The Wastelands

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

sometimes you have to just say no to black....omg did i just say that?

glad to see you are making up for my lack of posting :D

Lawless McBride said...

Bo, you know you are my favortie peahen!!!...need help driving your sweaters to goodwill???...

Bonnie & Clyde said...

"So I tell the swamp donkey to sock it before I give her a trunky in the tradesman's entrance and have her lick me yarbles!"

Bonnie & Clyde said...

That was Nic by the way.. just in case you couldn't have guessed. I have no idea what that had to do with your kickass punk outfit, I just know I could see your avi sayin' it while dressed in such attire.

Lawless McBride said...

i actually said that when i was wearing the dress too!!..is that so wrong?? that breezy dress made my yarbles cold...

Anonymous said...

WOW - I'm starting to like mohawks, what is wrong with me??!!

/me is sipping her latte calmly this morning.

What the heck did Nic say?

Law, Can we expect to see the *BP* hair anytime soon? I got a little excited when I saw you in it yesterday.

Katlene said...

It seems we bump into each other everywhere, lol

Lawless McBride said...

@kallisto - so youre saying my hair made you horny???...yeah baby!!!!!!!!yeah!!!!!
@katlene = i know katlene, do you think its fate???....or am i just hanging around in womens stores cus im a hor???

Anonymous said...

POSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!